Tropical Fever Panel
Tropical fevers are defined as infections that are prevalent in tropical and subtropical regions. Tropical Fever Panel helps in detecting some common causes of the infection through qualitative detection of bacterial, parasitic and viral nucleic acid from clinical samples using Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) technique.
This fever panel helps to diagnose fever of unknown origin (PUO) cases by detecting 8 pathogens :-
West Nile Virus
1.** The similarities between clinical symptoms at an early stage mean that laboratory testing is essential to differentiate the infection.
2. Real time PCR testing gives relatively quick results in the early stage of the disease when antibodies have not yet developed in detectable levels.
3. A definitive diagnosis during the acute stage of the illness, while treatment may be effective and can prevent severe complications among patients.
4. It can be an effective tool in cases where antibiotic therapy has been started or the pathogen load is very low or blood culture is limited.
5. The PCR test is capable of detecting low density malaria infections.
6. No cross-reactivity.
7. It takes just one sample to get accurate results.
**TAT : Same Day Reporting : Max 24 hours**
The Real time PCR test has higher sensitivity, specificity and rapidity compared to other diagnostic methods such as serological assays, enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and culture methods.
Sensitivity and limit of detection : **1000 copies/ml.**
Sample type : **Plasma/serum**